- Have a great attitude. Blogging is your job now so treat it like one. (Although it’s way more fun than anything else you’ve done, right?) Get up early, get dressed, spend your evening’s planning tomorrow’s content instead of staring blankly at the TV. Your attitude is about your actions, your working habits and focus. It also encompasses your inner dialogue. How do you speak to yourself about what you’re doing? You should feel excited and motivated.
- Be prepared. When you start a business it should become an extension of you. Make sure you have a clear consistent plan for what you’re doing each day and what you’re aiming for.
- Set Goals. You should have short term goals, such as weekly ones; pushing stats, researching, social media goals, what’s your game plan? You should also have long term goals, where do you want to see your business in a year? What about after that?
- Give 100% for the full day. This is your business. You choose the hours, you choose the focus and how much you want to give. Go the extra mile, for yourself. Think high intensity. At the moment I’m working seven days a week and I love it.
- Maximise your territory. You need to make sure you have researched as many revenue streams as possible, marketing strategies, social media accounts. Are you approaching the businesses you want to work for, are businesses approaching you for content? What are your goals? Make sure you better your chances to get them.
- Protect your attitude. This is your business, your baby. Don’t let anyone bring you down or tell you it won’t work out. Did you know that only 12.9% of the population in the world are entrepreneurs? It’s not for everyone and not many people dream of owning their own business because it’s hard work and it can be tough. So, If you’ve made it this far give yourself a pat on the back.
- Know why you’re here and what you’re doing. Why did you start this? Why do you want it? Why are you doing it? Always keep that focus in your mind. Say it over and over again, like a mantra.
- Take control of your time and your life. Be your own boss. You got this.