Disclosure: Some posts may contain affiliate links or are promotional articles. I only endorse brands that I trust.
Pisces season and Spiritual baths…
Morning all thought I’d do a photography post this morning. I’ve been so busy making music I almost forgot about my photography.
With the start of Pisces season, as an Aquarius, I’m always a little on edge. There’s something about this season that always makes me feel a little overwhelmed and vulnerable.
I’ve been feeling a little lost I guess, I love having an imagination but sometimes it makes me feel separated from reality. I have to remind myself that I am present. Pisces is indeed the season for vivid dreams and dreamy type characters to excel and lead.
I went for a 90’s style grunge type of vibe in my photographs and I tried to photograph the parts of me that I don’t like very much. I am after all feeling vulnerable so what better way of confronting my fears than to face them.
Mermaids are Cool, Lush Bath Bomb
I decided to have a pamper session with a lush bath bomb and hair mask. Sometimes when you’re feeling off, you just need to pamper yourself.
As I adjust to the new season, I thought I’d ward myself with the ultimate girly bath. I had a mermaid bath bomb so I put that in there and added some hemp oil that I got from amazon. It’s not my usual but I thought I’d give it a go and add it to my baths instead of my face.
I also got a Maui Vegan hair mask so I slathered that on my hair and started to play some music. I surrounded my bath with Amethyst, Quarts and a shell that I got on the island of Symi in Greece some years ago…
Sometimes, you just have to be a mermaid. A good relaxing bath can really boost your mood. If you’d like to read my post on tips to boost your mood you can here:
Is there anything more relaxing than a nice bath? Well, a spiritual bath is slightly different to my ultimate girly bath but they’re kind of useful as we shift through the Zodiac seasons.
Obviously, I like to have one once a month. Some people are really strict with spiritual baths and say you should shower beforehand, scrub the bath and not use soap in the spiritual bath at all.
But my bath is always clean, it’s kind of an essential thing that I do daily and I’m not the best at following rules, so I chuck all those out the window and do my own thing.
To me, a spiritual bath is a cleansing of the mind. It’s something that unblocks chakras. It relieves anxiety and helps with depression.
Music is needed on a spiritual level, by cleansing your mind with healing vibrations, chanting (and meditation) is an excellent way of using sound healing, or if you’re not into that some music in the background will do just fine.
I like to use essential oils from plants, depending on what my mood is like and crystals such as amethyst, quartz to clear my mind. Candles are essential as well as nature. So I like to include flowers, flower petals, shells and salt.
- Salt such as pink Himalayan salt, natural sea salt and Epsom salt is perfect and available in most shops. Don’t use regular table salts that have been refined and have lost all of their beneficial minerals. Natural salt releases negative energy, thoughts and feelings.
- Lavender dried and soaked in hot water or essential oils, either way, it’s a great stress reliever, it soothes and calms the mind.
- Rose essential oil or rose petals are great when you’re in need of self-healing. If you haven’t been taking care of yourself recently (i.e. pyjamas on, hair tied back and eating crisps while you blog, I know I do it too) try rose petals.
- Sesame worrying about finances? (yeah, same) try sesame, eating it helps too. Seasame seeds soaked in boiling water for an hour and then added to bathwater is great, inexpensive too.
- Hemp Oil helps with stress and skin issues such as eczema and inflammation. It may also contain properties that contribute to reduced risks of illnesses like Alzheimer’s disease and cardiovascular disease.
- Chamomile Oil to detox and calm the mind. Have you been drinking a lot of alcohol? Try a cup of Chamomile tea too while you’re in the bath.
- Slices of Orange contain anti-oxidants that provide the skin with purity and vitamin A. These anti-oxidants will make your skin look healthier and fresher if you stay in a bath full of water and sliced oranges for 20-30 minutes. Add rose oil too.
- Pink Clay add some clay to the water and the rest as a face mask. I love Superdrug’s own for 99p – individual packets are hygienic and they’re usually 3 for 2 purchase pink clay mask here.
- Turmeric is used for skin in India all the time, it’s amazing for clearing blemishes. Turmeric contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components that bring out the skins natural glow. Turmeric should be used to cleanse the space between the chakras and help energy flow more fluidly among the chakras- great for unblocking them.
- Ginger is used for the root chakra to help you feel more grounded, and Hibiscus corresponds to the sacral chakra, which promotes creativity. Finding it hard to get inspired? Add ginger root to your water.
Happy Sunday guys, stay strong, sending some love out there today. Get cleansed in a spiritual bath.