Morning all, it’s Pisces season! So I thought I’d do a photography post this morning. I’ve been so busy making music I almost forgot about my photography! (And blog)
I’ve been feeling a little lost I guess, I love having an imagination but sometimes it makes me feel separated from reality. I have to remind myself that I am present. Pisces is indeed the season for vivid dreams and dreamy type characters to excel and lead.
I went for a 90’s style grunge type of vibe in my photographs today and I tried to photograph the parts of me that I don’t like very much. I am after all feeling vulnerable so what better way of confronting my fears than to face them.
I decided to have a pamper session with a lush bath bomb and hair mask. When you’re feeling a little bit off, sometimes you just need to pamper yourself.
Sometime, you just have to be a mermaid. A good relaxing bath can really boost your mood…
Is there anything more relaxing than a nice bath? Well, a spiritual bath is slightly different. They’re not like an ultimate girly bath with big bubbles and a glass of champers although those totally rock. Instead they’re more like detoxing cleansing for the mind and body. They’re gaining popularity on Pinterest, so I thought I’d share some Zodiac approved spiritual bath cleansing recipes.
Some people are kind of strict when it comes to spiritual baths and they say you should shower before hand, scrub the bath, and use no soap in spiritual bath at all. Other people are a bit more chill, I guess it depends on personal preference.
Luckily my bath is always clean, it’s kind of an essential daily thing I do- totally not OCD. I’m not the best at following rules however so when I’m reading people’s advice online, I tend to just take what works for me.
For me a spiritual bath is a cleansing of the mind. It’s something that helps to unblock your chakras, help you feel peace of mind and it relieves stress, anxiety, anger or sadness. I guess it depends on the day!
Music is needed on a spiritual level cleansing the mind with healing vibrations. Chanting while you meditate is a great way to do this, or if that’s not your thing, try some background music instead. I’m actually loving limitless hypnotherapy app at the moment. You can read more about that here.
I like to use essential oils from plants or herbs, hemp seed oil for example. I also add flowers, depending on my mood, healing crystals, salt and sometimes shells around the bath. It really depends on what you prefer.
Spiritual Bath Best Ingredients
- Salt such as pink Himalayan salt, natural sea salt and Epsom salt are all perfectly fine to use in spiritual baths and are available in most stores. Don’t use regular table salts that have been refined and have lost all of their beneficial minerals.
- Lavender dried and soaked in hot water or essential oils are a great stress reliever that soothes and calms the mind.
- Rose essential oils or rose petals are great when your in need of some self-healing. If you haven’t been taking care of yourself recently try rose petals, they’re not just for romance.
- Sesame oil. Worrying about your finances? Try some sesame seeds. You can soak them in boiling water up to an hour before your bath and they’re inexpensive too.
- Hemp seed Oil helps with stress and skin issues such as eczema and inflammation. It also contains properties that contribute to reduced risk of Alzheimer’s disease and cardiovascular disease.
- Chamomile Oil to detox and calm the mind. Have you been drinking too much alcohol recently? Try drinking a cup of Chamomile while you’re in the bath too.
- Slices of Orange are bursting with vitamin C and contain anti-oxidants that provide the skin with purity. Get healthier looking skin if you stay in a bath of oranges for 20 to 30 minutes, you can add rose oil too.
- Pink clay. Add some clay to the water and use the rest as a facemask. Great for cleansing skin, tightening pores and drawing out toxins.
- Turmeric has amazing anti-inflammatory properties and anti-oxidants that bring out the skins natural glow. It improves the appearance of scars and blemishes. It should be use to allow the energy between the Chakras flow, it is great for unblocking chakras.
- Ginger is used for the root chakra, it helps you to feel more grounded. Feeling uninspired? Add ginger root to your bath.
- Hibiscus corresponds to the Sacral Chakra and will improve your creativity.
Happy vibes, sending some love out there today. Get cleansed in a spiritual bath.